Prof. Chris Muller, co-founder and host of the European Foodservice Summit, summarized the complex content of 15 speeches in a few sentences.
At the 23rd European FoodService Summit in Zurich, more than 200 participants spent two days updating and exchanging ideas. On the stage of the top-class European industry summit, numerous renowned speakers provided interesting insights. The topics: Market research, science and practice with a wide range of topics from market data to technology, pricing, consumer behavior, M&A, food trends and employees. The essence of the summit by Prof. Chris Muller, summit founding member, event moderator and proven foodservice expert.
#1 Don't get caught up in "presentism". Don’t be concerned only with now. Create Your dream to become reality.
- David Bosshart, author, speaker and executive advisor
#2 Staying relevant is the biggest problem. We are a business that is always a step ahead of the consumer. QSR Dine-In is no longer relevant after the pandemic.
- Gretel Weiß, Summit founder and editor of foodservice Europe & Middle East
#3 All companies need a sustainability officer.
- Katrin Wißmann, Executive Editor of foodservice Europe & Middle East
#4 Avoid as much animal suffering as possible. Open as many stores as possible. Economic efficiency is top priority.
- Charly Schillinger, Founder & Owner of Swing Kitchen
#5 Our consumers are ready to: Trade down, Cut out extras, Seek deals.
- David Henkes, Senior Principal and Head of Strategic Partnerships, Technomic
#6 Experienced investors have a strong advantage when risks are changed. Take your experience and constantly re-evaluate it. Would I do the same thing today?
- Vincent Mourre, WhiteSpace Partners
#7 Growth takes time. Growth needs innovation. Diversification with focus.
- Karl Brauckmann, Managing Director, Valora Foodservice Germany
#8 Delivery is not “eating” restaurant share, but “eating” supermarket share. People are not substituting the eating-out-experience. They go for convencience instead of shopping and cooking.
- Anton Soulier, Founder and CEO, Taster
#9 In order for us to cut food waste, we need to collaborate.
- Daniel Khachab, Co-Founder and CEO, Choco
#10 90% of Gen Z purchasing is done on a mobile device.
- Claudia Studtmann, Head of Retail DACH, Meta
#11 You need to think about “Resilience”. Be fast on your feet, think one step ahead!
- Cyrille Filott, Global Strategist Consumer Foods, Packaging & Logistics, Rabobank
#12 Food tech responds to consumer demands for choice: Protein Tech. Produce Tech. Placement Tech. Personalization Tech.
- Lou Cooperhouse, BlueNalu
#13 Cultured meat? It is going to happen, because we have no other choice. It is not a question of whether, but when!
- Matthew Robin, Cultured Meat Innovation Hub; CEO, ELSA Mifroma
#14 A juicer is not a machine! We focus 100% on people. Everything you don’t see we automate - Everything you do see we handcraft.
- Thomas Noroxe, Joe & The Juice
#15 Family tradition is the definition of loyalty. People like to be connected - to families, to friends, to the workplace.
- Christina Block, Member of the Supervisory Board and Shareholder of Block Group, Block Group
EUROPEAN FOODSERVICE SUMMIT
The motto of the 23rd European Foodservice Summit (20.-22.9.2022): " TIME TO ACT! Getting Ahead of the Transformation". The event is the most important European platform for the hospitality industry. The conference is organised by the trade journal foodservice Europe & Middle East of the dfv Mediengruppe and the Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute. Participants are the key players in the multi-unit restaurant and catering industry as well as suppliers and consultants. The next Summit will take place from 19 to 21 September 2023.